Ellen Tarrant named 2010-11 DAR Good Citizen
The Ish-te-ho-to-pah Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution is pleased to announce New Albany High School senior Ellen Tarrant as its DAR Good Citizen for the 2010-2011 school year.
The purpose of the DAR Good Citizens program and scholarship contest is to encourage and reward good citizenship. The honor is based on the outstanding characteristics of dependability, service, leadership, and patriotism.
Tarrant is the daughter of Joey and Janet Tarrant. She is very active in school, community, and church activities. At NAHS, Tarrant is Student Body Parliamentarian and the President of the Science National Honor Society. She is also a member of Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Anchor Club, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Tarrant has lettered in varsity slow-pitch softball, fast-pitch softball, and cheerleading.
After graduation, Ellen will attend Northeast Mississippi Community College on a softball scholarship. She plans to major in biology and pursue a career in veterinary medicine.
Tarrant has been entered in the state contest.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...