Ellen Tarrant named 2010-11 DAR Good Citizen
The Ish-te-ho-to-pah Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution is pleased to announce New Albany High School senior Ellen Tarrant as its DAR Good Citizen for the 2010-2011 school year.
The purpose of the DAR Good Citizens program and scholarship contest is to encourage and reward good citizenship. The honor is based on the outstanding characteristics of dependability, service, leadership, and patriotism.
Tarrant is the daughter of Joey and Janet Tarrant. She is very active in school, community, and church activities. At NAHS, Tarrant is Student Body Parliamentarian and the President of the Science National Honor Society. She is also a member of Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Anchor Club, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Tarrant has lettered in varsity slow-pitch softball, fast-pitch softball, and cheerleading.
After graduation, Ellen will attend Northeast Mississippi Community College on a softball scholarship. She plans to major in biology and pursue a career in veterinary medicine.
Tarrant has been entered in the state contest.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...