Ellen Tarrant named 2010-11 DAR Good Citizen
The Ish-te-ho-to-pah Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution is pleased to announce New Albany High School senior Ellen Tarrant as its DAR Good Citizen for the 2010-2011 school year.
The purpose of the DAR Good Citizens program and scholarship contest is to encourage and reward good citizenship. The honor is based on the outstanding characteristics of dependability, service, leadership, and patriotism.
Tarrant is the daughter of Joey and Janet Tarrant. She is very active in school, community, and church activities. At NAHS, Tarrant is Student Body Parliamentarian and the President of the Science National Honor Society. She is also a member of Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Anchor Club, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Tarrant has lettered in varsity slow-pitch softball, fast-pitch softball, and cheerleading.
After graduation, Ellen will attend Northeast Mississippi Community College on a softball scholarship. She plans to major in biology and pursue a career in veterinary medicine.
Tarrant has been entered in the state contest.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...