Myrtle News, February 23, 2011
By Lauren Crouch
Hi everyone! This week at Hawk Headquarters we are actually not too busy. However, we do have some upcoming events we would like to recognize.
Our boys’ basketball team won the North Half, and we are very proud of them for bringing us back to the “big house” in Jackson to play on Friday, Feb. 25. We wish the team the best of luck and hope to see a big Myrtle Hawk fan section show up to support them.
Also this Friday, we would like to wish our FBLA club the best of luck when competing at district completion at ICC campus in Tupelo.
Next Tuesday, March 1, our boys and girls will be having their first fast pitch and baseball games. The fast pitch girls will be playing Hickory Flat at home and the baseball boys will be playing Wheeler away. Best of luck to our teams as they begin their season.
In other news, we would like to thank the Union County School Board for the construction of our new library which is now open. We are very proud of it and thankful for the investment in our school.
Last week I shared with you the winners of the who’s who for Myrtle Attendance Center grades 7-12, please remember the pictures for all of them will be March 4.
Also, on March 4 will be the last call to buy a 2010-2011 Hawk yearbook. The cost for this year’s annual will be $40.
That’s all the news for this week. I’m Lauren Crouch telling you that you all should come support our boys at Jackson and stay safe the upcoming week.
Thanks for reading the Hawks News.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...