Eagles capture first boys’ bowling championship
Barbara White has spent several years coaching the West Union bowling teams, with the girls picking up a state title in 2008, and the boys falling shy in two of the four years they have participated. The Eagles added to their success in the sport, claiming the first boys’ title, defeating defending champion East Union in Baker Style at the state championships last Friday.
“We felt after North Half that it would come down to the two of us in the finals, and it’s a friendly rivalry, so it was great that it turned out that way,” White said.
“These kids have worked together, practicing in New Albany, and it’s a friendly rivalry. No matter who wins, they’re always cheering for one another.”
The Eagles bowled games of 831, 782, 888 and 847 for total of 3348 to make it to the Baker Style championship against the Urchins. In that round, the Eagles swept East Union, 3-0, to take the championship.
Dalton Baggett bowled both the high game and high series for West Union, with scores of 233 and 857 respectively.
After winning the North Half title a week earlier, the Lady Eagles fell short in their title run, as Pisgah defeated West Union, 3-2 in Baker Style.
Callie Baggett recorded the high game of 193, and Jessica Clark bowled a high series of 617, as the Lady Eagles had game scores of 635, 651, 624 and 735 for total of 2645 to make it to the Baker Style round.
“It was disappointing, but they did a great job of putting themselves in position all day to make it to the Baker Style,” White said. “There were just a couple little things that could have helped us get first, but overall, I have no complaints. All of the kids performed great.”
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series