Ingomar family loses home in Thursday fire

A family in the Ingomar Community were left without a home after the house they lived in on County Road 47 burned to the ground Thursday evening.

According to Ingomar Volunteer Fire Department Chief Scott Gregory, the home of Kyle and Katie Swords was declared a total loss after firefighters managed to extinguish the flames that evening.

Gregory said that Swords and his three children were at home at the time of the fire.

“What we heard is that Swords and a neighbor both saw it happen,” Gregory said.  “He had been at home maybe 20 to 30 minutes at the most when it happened.”

Gregory said that a neighbor saw smoke rising from the Swords’ home.

“The call came in at 6:24 p.m.,” Gregory said.

He said that something inside of Swords’ pickup truck, parked in the carport, caught fire.  From there, the flames went into the attic and quickly spread through the house.

“By the time our trucks got there around 6:30 p.m., the fire was already fully-involved,” Gregory said.

 He said that Pinedale and Hurricane Fire Departments assisted in bringing it under control at 8 p.m.