Sherman News, March 2, 2011
Congratulations to Zach Gory, a junior at Pontotoc High School, for winning the AP US History Essay Award sponsored by the Sons of the American Revolution. Zach’s history teacher, Tom Audette, anonymously submitted a term paper that Zach had written on the Revolutionary War, specifically taxation. An awards banquet was held recently, and Greg Pegues, president of the local Sons of the American Revolution chapter, presented the award and a savings bond to Zach after having read his essay at the banquet. This past Friday, Zach was informed that he had won the state level for his essay and will go to Jackson for an awards ceremony soon. Zach’s proud parents are John and Christie Gory.
The Sherman Fire Department is hosting an EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) refresher class to be held at 6 p.m., March 7, 10, 15, and 21 in the Sherman Library. This refresher class and 20 hours of education is required every two years. All four nights must be attended to complete the certification. No pre-registration is required, but for more information contact Fire Chief Brad McMurry at 255-6638.
Brotherhood will be at 7 a.m. next Sunday morning, March 6, at Tri-County Baptist.
The Ladies Fellowship will be held at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, March 8, at Tri-County Baptist.
The Disciple Now weekend for the Sherman Baptist youth is scheduled for March 4 and 5.
Sympathy is extended to Danny Ryan and family in the death of his mother, Mary Ann West, 73, who died Feb. 21.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...