Bogue leads West Union over South Pontotoc
Bailey Bogue had three hits, including a base-clearing triple in the sixth inning of West Union’s 10-5 win over South Pontotoc on Thursday.
Ahead 7-5, Bogue’s insurance hit with bases loaded capped the four-hit inning for the Lady Eagles, helping them earn their third win of the season.
The Lady Cougars built an early 4-0 lead after three innings thanks to two doubles from Anna Roberts. Michelle Gregory and Kaitlyn Cox also had RBI hits, and it would take West Union until the bottom of the third to score their first points.
The Lady Eagles cut their deficit to only one after a four-hit third inning, including a double by Danielle Taylor. West Union would take the lead in the fourth off a single by Julianna Garner, and Leah Paige Goolsby scored Garner later on her double.
Hannah McQuary made it a 7-5 game with her single in the sixth, and the Lady Eagles loaded the bases preceding Bogue’s triple.
Bogue finished the day 3-of-4 and Goolsby, Taylor and Garner each had two hits a piece for West Union (3-1).
Roberts finished 3-of-4 with two doubles for South Pontotoc, while Jala Parker went 2-of-4.
The Lady Eagles will travel to South Pontotoc this weekend for the Lady Cougars’ tournament.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...