Ingomar News, March 4, 2011
By Dana Bramlitt
Hello, Falcon Fans, this is Dana Bramlitt here to relay this week’s news. Last week students went to school on Monday for a make-up day, turned in prom forms and had club and sports pictures on Tuesday, and competed in FBLA on Friday. The elementary again had MCT Practice on Thursday and Friday. The Womanless Beauty Revue was postponed due to the threat of severe weather on Thursday, and was rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 28. The fast-pitch softball team started their season on Saturday in the East Union Classic against East Union and Baldwyn. Also on Saturday, the baseball team will be playing at Ingomar against Smithville beginning at 6 p.m. varsity only.
On Monday, the elementary were involved in Math Mornings. On Tuesday, seniors were to turn in their senior colored pictures to Mrs. Tabitha Dillard, yearbook sponsor. There was a fast-pitch game at South Pontotoc on Tuesday. There was also a baseball game against Bruce at Ingomar. There will be a fast-pitch game on Thursday at North Pontotoc starting with JV at 5 p.m. The deadline to sign up for the next ACT, which will be on Saturday March 19, is this Friday. The baseball team will play against Hickory Flat at Ingomar starting with JV at 4:30 p.m. The softball team will play in the Tupelo Tournament at Veteran’s starting on the fourth through the fifth, which time will be announced later. On Saturday, March 5, the baseball team will play at Ingomar against Columbus with Varsity at 1 p.m., and against North Pontotoc at 3 p.m.
Beginning on March 7, students will be taking the third nine weeks test, which will be scheduled as follows for grades 7-12: March seventh, Business, English, Science, Reading, and Foreign Language classes; March eighth, Driver’s Ed, ICT 1, ICT 2, Stem, Art, and Music classes; March ninth, Math, Social Studies, History, Health, and other classes. The Elementary news letter went home with a schedule of the tests for elementary students. There will be a softball game at Ingomar against Hickory Flat starting with JV at 5 p.m. on Monday March 7, and a baseball game at East Union starting with JV at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, March 10, the Juniors and Seniors will be attending Prom Promise, which is sponsored by the Pilot Club, where they will listen to a guest speaker Sean Carter who will speak about safety and awareness. Friday, March 11 is the end of the third nine weeks. There will be a fast-pitch game at East Union starting with JV at 4 p.m.. The baseball game on the eleventh will be at Pontotoc beginning with JV at 4:30 p.m..
The twelfth through the twentieth is Spring Break. The baseball game will play that Saturday the twelfth at North Pontotoc starting with JV at 11 p.m.. The baseball team will be playing in Florida on March 14, 15 and 17; the time will be given at a later time. The softball team will play in the North Pontotoc Tourney on that Saturday, March 19, which will have more information of time at a later date.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...