Liberty School News, March 4, 2011
Lil Grisham welcomed the thirty-four attendees to the Feb. 15 meeting of Liberty School. E.M. “Boots” Herring gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner.
In the business session Stephen Fitzgerald gave the financial report in the absence of Joyce Fitzgerald, treasurer. Joanne Gaines read minutes from the January meeting. Ms. Grisham stated that a thank-you card had been received from Greta Wilson for the Christmas fruit basket that was given from the school to her mother, Ruby Harris Tyer. Virgil Herring received “Best Caregiver of the Year” for Pontotoc County (his wife, Frances, has been bedridden for an extended period of time).
The Southern Comfort band provided the evening entertainment. Member of the band are: Roy Caldwell, guitar and vocal; Larry Dunahoo, drums; Billy Fooshee, guitar and vocal: Lee Hunt, lead guitar; Herschel McMillen, guitar and vocal: Joe Young, Bass. Included in their program were: “Old Flame,” “If I Could Go Back to 1949,” “Holding Thing Together,” “Since You’ve Gone,” “White Sports Coat and a Pink Carnation,” “Walk Through this World with Me,” “You Are My Sunshine” (with audience participation), “Long Black Train,” “Go Rest High On That Mountain,” and a medley of “I’ll Fly Away,” “Will The Circle Be Unbroken,” “Satisfied.” Thank you, Southern Comfort, for your faithfulness in providing entertainment for the school meetings.
Feb. birthdays are: Marie Fitzgerald Bayless, Lorene Cox Belyeu (97), Ruby Lee Caldwell Dunlap (95), Joyce Dunlap Fitzgerald, Roy Garrett of Illinois, Frances Fitts Henry, Charlie “Hummie” Huffstatler, Libby Russell Savely (91). Charles and Jewel Gaines of Flora celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary in Feb.
Get-well wishes to: Joey Black, Billie Ruth Buskirk, Eddie Chandler, Joyce Fitzgerald, Betty Haynes, Frances and Virgil Herring, Terry Rodgers. Sympathy is extended to the family of Virgie Stout Grisham of West Memphis, Arkansas. Charlie Sappington led in a prayer remember the sick and bereaved.
Visitors for the evening were: Marie Butler of Myrtle, Wanda Hunt of New Albany, Cody, Katie and Destiny Hester of Ingomar.
The March meeting and covered-dish dinner will be held March 15 beginning at 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series