NAHS News, March 4, 2011
By Jessica Lee
Congratulations to our baseball team for winning against Baldwyn and Boonville last weekend. This week they have their first home game against Ripley and play away Friday and Saturday. Tennis has a home match against Amory next week on Tuesday, March 8, try and come out at 3:30 to support our team. Our boys and girls power lifting teams will be competing in North Half this week, the girls on Thursday and the boys on Saturday, good luck to them! Our softball team also has away games this week but we have a home track meet against Oxford this Thursday.
In other sports news, our boys and girls basketball teams competed in the semi-finals of the state championships on Monday. The boys played a tough game against St. Stanislaus and lost 73-66, but the girls won against South Jones 57-52. The Lady Dawgs will play on Friday for the State Championship; we hope to bring home the gold ball to add to our collection! Good luck! Congratulations to
Tadarious Coburn, who was selected as a nominee for the 2011 McDonald’s All-American High School Basketball Team. Nominees must display hard work, skill and teamwork on the basketball court and be in good standing academically. That’s a great honor for our school, team AND Tadarious!
This Friday marks the end of the third nine weeks, next Thursday report cards will go out. Hope everyone finds time on the road to Jackson and back to study! At least this Saturday we can all sleep late and look forward to only one more week of school until spring break!
The Future Business Leaders of America Northern District Conference was held Friday, Feb. 25, 2011, at Itawamba Community College in Tupelo.
The following students competed in a variety of areas from Technology Concepts to Global Business and won at the district level: Katie Aderholt,, Emilee Benentt , Brianna Witherspoon, Brittany Clifton, Diane Bryant , Adam Allred, Cody Cissom, Ray Cooper, Tyler Jackson ,Allie Vance, Hunter Surles, Jimbo Waldrop, Jamie Benefield, and Danielle Bailey, Taylor McCreight and Roderick Erby. District winners will attend the 2011 FBLA State Leadership Conference in Jackson, Mississippi in April.
The following students all placed in the FBLA Northern District Competition Friday, February 25: Tyler Jackson, Allie Vance, Hunter Surles, Emilee Bennett, Danielle Bailey, Graham Collins, Porche White, Katie Aderholt, Taylor McCreight, Hunter McCreight, Roderick Erby, Kayleigh White, Brianna Witherspoon, Marian Evans, Jamie Benefield, Cody Cissom, Adam Allred, Ray Cooper, Jimbo Waldrop, Haley McBryde, and Ryan Frazier. Students who competed at Skills USA were Ethan Watts and Anthony Swords, and Rebekah Joslin in the Culinary Arts competition.
Congrats to our own Madi Van Zile who made it into the ACT 30+ club and to the NAHS Chorus for scoring all superiors at District Choral Competition in Tupelo last Thursday. The NAHS Concert Band is going to Pearl Tuesday for the State Band Competition. The following students recently competed in the Mid South Honor Band Clinic: Tarver Reeder, Emmanuel Jones, Bronson Lang, Tyler Thomas, Nicole Roaten, Quinshay Perkins. Congratulations to those students. And finally, in academic news, Tarver Reeder and Anna Claire Stokes won first place in the District Reading Fair and will now move on to compete at the state level.
Remember to check out our school website www.nahighschool.com to see our new videos. This week we have added “Basketball Playoff Time” which features many NAHS, NAES and NAMS students, teachers and community members giving “shout outs” to our basketball teams. Clark Trout, Brad Rogers, Mallory Sanford Horn and Ellen Buchanan represented the last teams from NA to win the State Championship. This week, our journalism class will be working to add the infamous Jack Cristil interview to the website. Many people have asked about seeing this and we are working on it! Keep checking to find that and more!
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series