School districts set remaining make-up days
Both Union County and New Albany School Districts have released their schedule for making up the five days missed due to inclement weather this year.
For Union County, the Board of Trustees voted Monday to set Saturday, April 2 as a 60 percent day. According to Union County School District Superintendent Ken Basil, this day would be used as a chance for teachers to focus strictly on state testing preparation.
In addition, the board also decided to accept a proposal to extend each school day to 4 p.m. from April 4 through 21. The board had voted in February to use Feb. 21, April 25 and May 26 and 27 as make-up days as well.
The New Albany School District also chose to extend several school days as well in order to make up school days.
The New Albany school board voted Monday have decided to add 50 minutes to seven different Wednesdays – March 9, March 23, March 30, April 6, April 13, April 20 and April 27. On those specific days, the students will get out at the following times at each of the schools: 3:48 p.m. at the elementary school, 3:55 p.m. at the middle school, and 3:46 p.m. at the high school.
In February, the New Albany board of trustees had selected Feb. 21, April 25 and May 27 as makeup days, but selected Saturday, Feb. 26 as a 60 percent day.
Angie Barmer contributed to this story.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...