Alcorn Central rallies over Lady Bulldogs
Mallory Beaty had a three-run shot in the opening inning of the Lady Bulldogs’ contest against Alcorn Central, but New Albany could not hold on, falling 9-6 to the Lady Bears on Saturday.
Beaty’s home run was the third hit in as many batters, scoring Brooke Sides and Ellen Tarrant, who each had singles to start the inning. New Albany would go ahead 4-0 off an error in the third inning, but Alcorn Central answered with four runs in the top of the fourth, three coming in of a base-clearing triple by Whitney Hardwick.
An RBI double by Morgan Beaty gave New Albany the lead briefly in the fifth, but the Lady Bears had four runs in the final three innings to earn the win.
Alcorn Central started the fifth with two walks and a RBI single by Hillary Burgess. The Lady Bears loaded the bases in the seventh, walking one run in and an error scored their final run.
Amber Meredith went 2-for-3 with a double to lead Alcorn Central, while Mallory Beaty went 3-for-4 with a home run, double and single for New Albany. Ellen Tarrant, Morgan Beaty and Amber Mirfield each had two hits as well for the Lady ‘Dawgs.
New Albany falls to 1-3 on the season and will take on Myrtle this Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...