Alcorn Central rallies over Lady Bulldogs
Mallory Beaty had a three-run shot in the opening inning of the Lady Bulldogs’ contest against Alcorn Central, but New Albany could not hold on, falling 9-6 to the Lady Bears on Saturday.
Beaty’s home run was the third hit in as many batters, scoring Brooke Sides and Ellen Tarrant, who each had singles to start the inning. New Albany would go ahead 4-0 off an error in the third inning, but Alcorn Central answered with four runs in the top of the fourth, three coming in of a base-clearing triple by Whitney Hardwick.
An RBI double by Morgan Beaty gave New Albany the lead briefly in the fifth, but the Lady Bears had four runs in the final three innings to earn the win.
Alcorn Central started the fifth with two walks and a RBI single by Hillary Burgess. The Lady Bears loaded the bases in the seventh, walking one run in and an error scored their final run.
Amber Meredith went 2-for-3 with a double to lead Alcorn Central, while Mallory Beaty went 3-for-4 with a home run, double and single for New Albany. Ellen Tarrant, Morgan Beaty and Amber Mirfield each had two hits as well for the Lady ‘Dawgs.
New Albany falls to 1-3 on the season and will take on Myrtle this Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...