Alcorn Central rallies over Lady Bulldogs
Mallory Beaty had a three-run shot in the opening inning of the Lady Bulldogs’ contest against Alcorn Central, but New Albany could not hold on, falling 9-6 to the Lady Bears on Saturday.
Beaty’s home run was the third hit in as many batters, scoring Brooke Sides and Ellen Tarrant, who each had singles to start the inning. New Albany would go ahead 4-0 off an error in the third inning, but Alcorn Central answered with four runs in the top of the fourth, three coming in of a base-clearing triple by Whitney Hardwick.
An RBI double by Morgan Beaty gave New Albany the lead briefly in the fifth, but the Lady Bears had four runs in the final three innings to earn the win.
Alcorn Central started the fifth with two walks and a RBI single by Hillary Burgess. The Lady Bears loaded the bases in the seventh, walking one run in and an error scored their final run.
Amber Meredith went 2-for-3 with a double to lead Alcorn Central, while Mallory Beaty went 3-for-4 with a home run, double and single for New Albany. Ellen Tarrant, Morgan Beaty and Amber Mirfield each had two hits as well for the Lady ‘Dawgs.
New Albany falls to 1-3 on the season and will take on Myrtle this Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...