Alcorn Central rallies over Lady Bulldogs
Mallory Beaty had a three-run shot in the opening inning of the Lady Bulldogs’ contest against Alcorn Central, but New Albany could not hold on, falling 9-6 to the Lady Bears on Saturday.
Beaty’s home run was the third hit in as many batters, scoring Brooke Sides and Ellen Tarrant, who each had singles to start the inning. New Albany would go ahead 4-0 off an error in the third inning, but Alcorn Central answered with four runs in the top of the fourth, three coming in of a base-clearing triple by Whitney Hardwick.
An RBI double by Morgan Beaty gave New Albany the lead briefly in the fifth, but the Lady Bears had four runs in the final three innings to earn the win.
Alcorn Central started the fifth with two walks and a RBI single by Hillary Burgess. The Lady Bears loaded the bases in the seventh, walking one run in and an error scored their final run.
Amber Meredith went 2-for-3 with a double to lead Alcorn Central, while Mallory Beaty went 3-for-4 with a home run, double and single for New Albany. Ellen Tarrant, Morgan Beaty and Amber Mirfield each had two hits as well for the Lady ‘Dawgs.
New Albany falls to 1-3 on the season and will take on Myrtle this Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...