East Union runners sign with Blue Mountain College
Jose Valle and Drew Bruce, who helped lead East Union to second place in the Mississippi 2A Cross Country Championship, signed grants-in-aid with Blue Mountain College on Friday.
“Both Jose and Drew were strong runners for East Union,” BMC coach Heather Duley said, “but I think ‘potential’ is the key word for both these runners. They have the potential to be really good runners and they should be a big help to our program as we continue to grow.”
“We’re excited to have both of them at BMC.”
Valle finished fifth in the State 2A meet with his time of 17:57.20, as the Urchins were nudged out of the top spot by J.Z. George. Valle captured the Division 2-2A championship with at time of 18:07, and he also won the Myrtle/East Union Challenge and the East Union Cross Country Invitational, in addition to a fifth-place finish in the Tupelo High Invitational.
Bruce finished second in the division championship with a time of 19:07, then clocked an eighth-place finish in the state meet at 18:39.10. Bruce ran a personal record int he 5000 meteters in the East Union/Myrtle Challenge at 18:28 and finished sixth.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...