John Young’s plan to build a 336-unit apartment complex represents one of the most ambitious building projects ever in New Albany.
Young, a local builder and developer with a keen eye for market trends, thinks the New Albany market is preparing to soar. And he’s moving quickly to try to get a jump on competitors.
“I’m very bullish on New Albany,” Young said. “This project will be successful and there will be a lot more development coming in.”
The first phase of 64 units in the complex, to be called Park Place and built on Bratton Road, is expected to open for tenants by November or December.
The multi-million-dollar complex, which will have a gated entrance, will include, one, two and three-bedroom units and a community building with a business center, fitness center, swimming pool and other features.
The development will be the first large-scale, higher-end apartment community in New Albany, and represents a major investment both by Young and his lender, BNA Bank.
The lack of quality rentals often is a topic of conversation in our community. The lack of enforcement of minimum standards for rentals has caused New Albany to have a higher percentage of low quality rental housing than many communities our size.
We applaud Young and the area’s community bank for their efforts to make this project a reality.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...