Blood clots suspected cause of death for jail inmate
Union County Sheriff Tommy Wilhite said Monday that blood clots are believed to have caused the death of a 19-year-old inmate at the Union County jail last week.
“[Union County Coronor] Mark Golding said that the cause of death has been ruled as two pulmonary embolisms on both sides of her heart,” Wilhite said.
The inmate, Janice Nichols of Guntown, collapsed in the shower at the jail last Thursday morning. She had been taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, where she was pronounced dead at 10:30 a.m.
Nichols had been awaiting a Circuit court hearing after being arrested last year for child endangerment.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...