Blood clots suspected cause of death for jail inmate
Union County Sheriff Tommy Wilhite said Monday that blood clots are believed to have caused the death of a 19-year-old inmate at the Union County jail last week.
“[Union County Coronor] Mark Golding said that the cause of death has been ruled as two pulmonary embolisms on both sides of her heart,” Wilhite said.
The inmate, Janice Nichols of Guntown, collapsed in the shower at the jail last Thursday morning. She had been taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, where she was pronounced dead at 10:30 a.m.
Nichols had been awaiting a Circuit court hearing after being arrested last year for child endangerment.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...