New Albany snaps losing streak
New Albany bounced back into the win column on Saturday with a 9-2 win over Ripley. The win follows three straight losses, two in division play.
“We were roughed up against North Pontotoc, and I think I left Brooke (Sides) in too long,” NAHS Head Coach Shane Sanderson said.
“We have the bad habit of playing well in a game then falling apart with errors, and that’s what has happened with us lately.”
Sides has returned to the lineup after suffering injuries in an accident. Sanderson is pleased with her steady recovery.
“She was obviously very excited to get back out there, but she still is a little sore,” Sanderson said.
“We’ve been working with her in practice, but she still has the tendency to miss some of her spots. She’s getting used to it and had a good week.”
After falling 14-4 to North Pontotoc last Tuesday, New Albany suffered a 5-4 setback to Tishomingo County on Thursday.
“It certainly was a moral victory for us,” Sanderson explained. “We played better and didn’t have any errors, so it was a good, solid team effort.”
In Saturday’s win against Ripley, Morgan Beaty and Jalanna Cameron each had three hits, including a triple from Beaty and a double from Cameron. The Lady Bulldogs had a five-run second inning to pull away from Ripley in the win.
Currently at 8-9 (1-5), New Albany played at Shannon Tuesday night and will host Pontotoc on Thursday and Shannon on Friday.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday