New Albany snaps losing streak
New Albany bounced back into the win column on Saturday with a 9-2 win over Ripley. The win follows three straight losses, two in division play.
“We were roughed up against North Pontotoc, and I think I left Brooke (Sides) in too long,” NAHS Head Coach Shane Sanderson said.
“We have the bad habit of playing well in a game then falling apart with errors, and that’s what has happened with us lately.”
Sides has returned to the lineup after suffering injuries in an accident. Sanderson is pleased with her steady recovery.
“She was obviously very excited to get back out there, but she still is a little sore,” Sanderson said.
“We’ve been working with her in practice, but she still has the tendency to miss some of her spots. She’s getting used to it and had a good week.”
After falling 14-4 to North Pontotoc last Tuesday, New Albany suffered a 5-4 setback to Tishomingo County on Thursday.
“It certainly was a moral victory for us,” Sanderson explained. “We played better and didn’t have any errors, so it was a good, solid team effort.”
In Saturday’s win against Ripley, Morgan Beaty and Jalanna Cameron each had three hits, including a triple from Beaty and a double from Cameron. The Lady Bulldogs had a five-run second inning to pull away from Ripley in the win.
Currently at 8-9 (1-5), New Albany played at Shannon Tuesday night and will host Pontotoc on Thursday and Shannon on Friday.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...