New Albany snaps losing streak
New Albany bounced back into the win column on Saturday with a 9-2 win over Ripley. The win follows three straight losses, two in division play.
“We were roughed up against North Pontotoc, and I think I left Brooke (Sides) in too long,” NAHS Head Coach Shane Sanderson said.
“We have the bad habit of playing well in a game then falling apart with errors, and that’s what has happened with us lately.”
Sides has returned to the lineup after suffering injuries in an accident. Sanderson is pleased with her steady recovery.
“She was obviously very excited to get back out there, but she still is a little sore,” Sanderson said.
“We’ve been working with her in practice, but she still has the tendency to miss some of her spots. She’s getting used to it and had a good week.”
After falling 14-4 to North Pontotoc last Tuesday, New Albany suffered a 5-4 setback to Tishomingo County on Thursday.
“It certainly was a moral victory for us,” Sanderson explained. “We played better and didn’t have any errors, so it was a good, solid team effort.”
In Saturday’s win against Ripley, Morgan Beaty and Jalanna Cameron each had three hits, including a triple from Beaty and a double from Cameron. The Lady Bulldogs had a five-run second inning to pull away from Ripley in the win.
Currently at 8-9 (1-5), New Albany played at Shannon Tuesday night and will host Pontotoc on Thursday and Shannon on Friday.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...