New Albany snaps losing streak
New Albany bounced back into the win column on Saturday with a 9-2 win over Ripley. The win follows three straight losses, two in division play.
“We were roughed up against North Pontotoc, and I think I left Brooke (Sides) in too long,” NAHS Head Coach Shane Sanderson said.
“We have the bad habit of playing well in a game then falling apart with errors, and that’s what has happened with us lately.”
Sides has returned to the lineup after suffering injuries in an accident. Sanderson is pleased with her steady recovery.
“She was obviously very excited to get back out there, but she still is a little sore,” Sanderson said.
“We’ve been working with her in practice, but she still has the tendency to miss some of her spots. She’s getting used to it and had a good week.”
After falling 14-4 to North Pontotoc last Tuesday, New Albany suffered a 5-4 setback to Tishomingo County on Thursday.
“It certainly was a moral victory for us,” Sanderson explained. “We played better and didn’t have any errors, so it was a good, solid team effort.”
In Saturday’s win against Ripley, Morgan Beaty and Jalanna Cameron each had three hits, including a triple from Beaty and a double from Cameron. The Lady Bulldogs had a five-run second inning to pull away from Ripley in the win.
Currently at 8-9 (1-5), New Albany played at Shannon Tuesday night and will host Pontotoc on Thursday and Shannon on Friday.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...