Northeast softball schedules 2011 summer camp dates
Northeast Mississippi Community College head softball coach Jody Long has announced that the Lady Tigers 2011 Summer Fast Pitch Softball Camp will be held on Tuesday, May 31-Thursday, June 2.
Each session will emphasize skills and fundamentals in hitting, bunting, defense, base running, pitching and catching. Individual instruction will also be given to athletes to helpperfect skills.
“Our player development concept is very simple,” Long said. “We believe that in every softball skill there are fundamentals that must be formed correctly. When an athlete is able to identify these skills, and through repetitions of practice and the player’s personal commitment and desire for improvement, she will get better.”
Northeast’s softball camp is open to all athletes from seven years old to those entering their senior year of high school in the fall of 2011. Entry fee for the camp is $65 for the three-day session and includes a camp T-shirt and accidental medical insurance. A $25 deposit is required to hold a spot in the camp with the remaining $40 due the first day of the camp.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Campers should arrive each day by 8:45 a.m. with each session beginning at 9 a.m. and continuing through noon, when campers are to be picked up at the softball field at Booneville City Park.
Campers need to bring a softball glove, cleats, a bat, tennis or turf shoes, batting gloves and a hat or visor along with practice pants and shirts. Catchers should also bring catcher’s gear and knee pads if applicable.
For more information about the, contact Long at 662-720-7305.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...