NEMCC softball schedules tryout
Northeast Mississippi Community College head softball coach Jody Long has announced that the LadyTiger softball team will hold a pair of tryouts for their 2011-12 team.
Northeast’s softball team will hold its first tryout on Wednesday, May 11 at 2 p.m. at Booneville City Park and its second tryout will be two weeks later on Wednesday, May 25 at 2 p.m.
Northeast’s softball tryouts are open to any Mississippi unsigned, unprotected or released 2011 graduate or prior graduate or any current National Junior College Athletic Association player that has a signed transfer waiver from their previous school.
Northeast’s tryout is also open to any out-of-state player that wishes to come to Northeast but athletes from out-of-state institutes of higher education need to also have a transfer waiver from their previous schools.
For current high school players, their season has to be over before attending a tryout.
For those that are currently enrolled at another school or taking college courses, a player must also have at least an unofficial college transcript.
Tryouts will cover a player’s ability in hitting/bunting, throwing skills, fielding, arm strength, accuracy, base running and general knowledge of the game and athletes are required to sign a liability waiver at the tryout.
Those attending must fill out the Northeast softball questionnaire located on theNortheast athletic website.
For more information, contact Long at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-720-7305.
About Chris Elkins
- Macedonia news October 18, 2016
- We’re moving October 18, 2016
- Lady Urchins sweep Calhoun City and advance to North Half October 18, 2016
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- New Albany Middle School honor roll October 25, 2016
- Pediatric flu vaccine available at county health departments October 25, 2016
- A divided country cannot thrive October 25, 2016
- Cancer patients, families, caregivers need our prayers October 25, 2016
- McCullough joins ACT 30+ Club at New Albany High School October 25, 2016
- ‘Bespoke’ open for business October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...