Oxford edges Lady Bulldogs
The Lady 'Dawgs took Oxford down to the wire but were unable to complete their rally, falling 6-5 Friday night.
Down 6-3 in the seventh, New Albany posted three straight hits, including an RBI double by Jalanna Cameron. A passed ball with runners in scoring position brought home one more run with two outs, but the Lady 'Dawgs would leave one runner stranded at the end.
The Lady Chargers built a 3-0 lead, scoring one run in three straight innings and capitalizing off several New Albany miscues. A three-run shot by Moe Pegues made it a 6-0 game in the fifth, but New Albany would answer with three runs in the bottom half.
The Lady Bulldogs had three hits in that fifth frame, starting with a leadoff single by Lauren Cavender. The freshman would later score off a triple by Brooke Sides and Kayla Pavlick followed with an RBi single. Sides, Pavlick and Shannon Goode each had two hits for the Lady Bulldogs while Pegues, Kyla Malone and Aulysha Booker had multiple hits for Oxford.
New Albany drops to 9-10 (2-5) and will host Pontotoc on Monday.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Ollie Otter teaches kids to buckle up September 27, 2016
- Supervisors try again on bridge contract September 27, 2016
- Main Street drainage work delayed September 27, 2016
- NAES students study Constitution September 27, 2016
- Tell us what you want the news to be September 27, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...