Northeast baseball schedules open tryout
Northeast Mississippi Community College head baseball coach Kent Farris has announced that the Tiger baseball team will hold a pair of tryouts for anyone interested in joining the 2011-12 Tiger team.
Northeast will hold its first tryout on Thursday, April 28 at Harold T. White Field at Booneville City Park with the tryout open to all 2011 high school seniors who have completed their high school baseball seasons.
Northeast will hold a second tryout on Monday, May 16 for those seniors that miss the first tryout or whose teams were competing in the MHSAA’s state baseball players.
To tryout, a player’s high school season must be complete. Both tryouts will hold registration from 12:30 p.m. until 1 p.m. with tryouts starting at 1 p.m.
Participants are asked to provide their own equipment except for use of the new Bat BallCoefficient of Restitution (BBCOR) baseball bats as required by the National Junior College Athletic Association, which will be provided for the tryouts.
Participants are also asked to visit the Northeast athletic website (http://www.nemcc.edu) and fill out the tryout information and release forms on the Baseball page prior to the tryouts in order to expedite the registration process.
Tryouts will be conducted in a professional showcase format with players judged on their 60-yard dash, all hitters taking live swings on the field, outfielders and infielders being judged, catchers will have throwing times recorded andpitchers will throw in the bullpen. For more information, contact Farris at email@example.com or 662-720-7309.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series