Northeast baseball schedules open tryout
Northeast Mississippi Community College head baseball coach Kent Farris has announced that the Tiger baseball team will hold a pair of tryouts for anyone interested in joining the 2011-12 Tiger team.
Northeast will hold its first tryout on Thursday, April 28 at Harold T. White Field at Booneville City Park with the tryout open to all 2011 high school seniors who have completed their high school baseball seasons.
Northeast will hold a second tryout on Monday, May 16 for those seniors that miss the first tryout or whose teams were competing in the MHSAA’s state baseball players.
To tryout, a player’s high school season must be complete. Both tryouts will hold registration from 12:30 p.m. until 1 p.m. with tryouts starting at 1 p.m.
Participants are asked to provide their own equipment except for use of the new Bat BallCoefficient of Restitution (BBCOR) baseball bats as required by the National Junior College Athletic Association, which will be provided for the tryouts.
Participants are also asked to visit the Northeast athletic website (http://www.nemcc.edu) and fill out the tryout information and release forms on the Baseball page prior to the tryouts in order to expedite the registration process.
Tryouts will be conducted in a professional showcase format with players judged on their 60-yard dash, all hitters taking live swings on the field, outfielders and infielders being judged, catchers will have throwing times recorded andpitchers will throw in the bullpen. For more information, contact Farris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-720-7309.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...