Miss. National Guard to close county’s armory
The military tank that sits in front of the Mississippi Army National Guard Armory has been a fixture in New Albany for years. There is question, however, as to whether the tank will remain once the Mississippi Army National Guard closes the facility next month.
The armory, which is located at 917 Fairgrounds Spur Road, will be closing its doors, effective May 31, 2011.
County Attorney Thad Mueller presented the county lease agreement to the Union County Board of Supervisors at its meeting Monday.The board approved the termination of the lease with the state of Mississippi-Mississippi Military Department because the state no longer uses the building and because the county wishes to use the building for county purposes.
The armory was the former home of a unit in the Guard’s 155th Armored Brigade.
Supervisor President Danny Jordan said that because the county still owns the building, it will be used for packing boxes for Sharing at Christmas, but he doesn’t yet know what else may take place there.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...