Jordan seeks 3rd district supervisor seat
Danny R. Jordan of New Albany has announced his candidacy for re-election as 3rd District supervisor in the Aug. 2 Democratic primary.
A 1968 graduate of East Union Attendance Center, Jordan grew up in the Jericho Community. He attended Northeast Mississippi Community College and was an officer with the Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol before becoming a supervisor.
Currently, Jordan serves as president of the Union County Board of Supervisors, a member of the Three Rivers Planning & Development District Board of Directors and Executive Board, chairman of the district’s finance committee, vice chairman of the P.U.L. Alliance Board of Directors, Member of the Mississippi Partnership Workforce Investment Area Chief Elected Officials Board, vice chairman of the Mississippi Public Entity Worker’s Compensation Trust and Employee Benefit Trust, member of the Mississippi Association of Supervisors Executive Board and member of the Union County Development Association Board of Directors.
Jordan is married to the former Tommie Mitchell of New Albany and together they have two sons, Danny R. Jordan, Jr. and Jason B. Jordan, both of New Albany, as well as four grandchildren. He is the son of the late James and Sarah Jordan of New Albany. He is a member of First Baptist Church.
“It has been an honor for me to serve as your supervisor,” Jordan said. “I would like to continue to serve the people of the 3rd District and aid in the growth and development of Union County.”
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...