New Albany school board adopts final-exam exemption policy
The school attendance record and the number of tardies a student has will help determine whether a student at New Albany High School will be exempt from their final exam in the 2011-2012 school year.
At the New Albany School Board Monday night, the board agreed to accept the final exemption policy that was proposed by the Faculty Leadership team at NAHS.
This team includes Lee Ann Thompson, Robin Lindsey, Troy Trout, Susan Burchfield, Damon Ladner, and Sandra Pannell.
The policy that the board approved is this: Students that have a “C” average, which must be a grade of 75 or above with perfect attendance in year and semester classes can have no more than two tardies in a year course and no more than one in a semester course; students that have a “B” average, can have no more than two absences in a year course, no more than one in a semester course, no more than four tardies in a year course, and no more than two in a semester course; students who have an “A” average can have no more than four absences in a year course, no more than two absences in a semester course, no more than four tardies in a year course, and no more than two in a semester course.
For exemptions, all absences count, which are excused, unexcused, and medical. The only absences that do not count against students are those that are directly school related, which are administrative absences.
NAHS Principal Lance Evans, said, “The majority of our tardies are in the morning, not between classes.”
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...