New Albany school board adopts final-exam exemption policy
The school attendance record and the number of tardies a student has will help determine whether a student at New Albany High School will be exempt from their final exam in the 2011-2012 school year.
At the New Albany School Board Monday night, the board agreed to accept the final exemption policy that was proposed by the Faculty Leadership team at NAHS.
This team includes Lee Ann Thompson, Robin Lindsey, Troy Trout, Susan Burchfield, Damon Ladner, and Sandra Pannell.
The policy that the board approved is this: Students that have a “C” average, which must be a grade of 75 or above with perfect attendance in year and semester classes can have no more than two tardies in a year course and no more than one in a semester course; students that have a “B” average, can have no more than two absences in a year course, no more than one in a semester course, no more than four tardies in a year course, and no more than two in a semester course; students who have an “A” average can have no more than four absences in a year course, no more than two absences in a semester course, no more than four tardies in a year course, and no more than two in a semester course.
For exemptions, all absences count, which are excused, unexcused, and medical. The only absences that do not count against students are those that are directly school related, which are administrative absences.
NAHS Principal Lance Evans, said, “The majority of our tardies are in the morning, not between classes.”
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...