New Albany school board adopts final-exam exemption policy
The school attendance record and the number of tardies a student has will help determine whether a student at New Albany High School will be exempt from their final exam in the 2011-2012 school year.
At the New Albany School Board Monday night, the board agreed to accept the final exemption policy that was proposed by the Faculty Leadership team at NAHS.
This team includes Lee Ann Thompson, Robin Lindsey, Troy Trout, Susan Burchfield, Damon Ladner, and Sandra Pannell.
The policy that the board approved is this: Students that have a “C” average, which must be a grade of 75 or above with perfect attendance in year and semester classes can have no more than two tardies in a year course and no more than one in a semester course; students that have a “B” average, can have no more than two absences in a year course, no more than one in a semester course, no more than four tardies in a year course, and no more than two in a semester course; students who have an “A” average can have no more than four absences in a year course, no more than two absences in a semester course, no more than four tardies in a year course, and no more than two in a semester course.
For exemptions, all absences count, which are excused, unexcused, and medical. The only absences that do not count against students are those that are directly school related, which are administrative absences.
NAHS Principal Lance Evans, said, “The majority of our tardies are in the morning, not between classes.”
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...