Lewisburg forces game three versus New Albany
New Albany fell short in their comeback against Lewisburg, dropping game two of their series, 11-8 Saturday night.
The Bulldogs held a 1-0 series advantage, defeating the Patriots on Friday, 19-1, but found themselves down quickly in the second game, 5-0. With Taylor Goode and Drew Wray on base, Riley Alef brought in the ‘Dawgs first runs with his double and later scored himself off a single by Easton Hall.
Lewisburg added two more runs in the fifth, which preceded another RBI hit from Hall, making it 7-4.
Tyler Basil pitched six complete innings, but was replaced in the seventh with bases loaded and no outs for the Patriots. Joshua Googe allowed four runs, walking two and giving up a single to Anthony Bradley.
Down 11-4, New Albany batted through their lineup, scoring four runs off four hits with doubles from Wray and Tyler Beaty. Hall made it 11-7 with his triple and was interfered by the third baseman, allowing him to score and making it a three-point game. The Bulldogs were unable to cut anymore of the deficit, leaving two on base.
Hall led New Albany with three hits, followed by two from Wray and Alef. Max Wade, Dalton Todd and Bradley each had two hits for Lewisburg.
The two teams will square off again Monday night at Lewisburg. Game time is set for 4p.m., weather permitting.
Other Union County scores from Saturday, April 30.
Hamilton 16 East Union 2-Lions win series 2-0
West Union 11 Biggersville 10 (10 innings) Eagles win series 2-0
Ingomar 11 Pine Grove 4– Series tied 1-1. Game three will take place at 6 p.m. at Ingomar on Monday
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...