Lewisburg forces game three versus New Albany
New Albany fell short in their comeback against Lewisburg, dropping game two of their series, 11-8 Saturday night.
The Bulldogs held a 1-0 series advantage, defeating the Patriots on Friday, 19-1, but found themselves down quickly in the second game, 5-0. With Taylor Goode and Drew Wray on base, Riley Alef brought in the ‘Dawgs first runs with his double and later scored himself off a single by Easton Hall.
Lewisburg added two more runs in the fifth, which preceded another RBI hit from Hall, making it 7-4.
Tyler Basil pitched six complete innings, but was replaced in the seventh with bases loaded and no outs for the Patriots. Joshua Googe allowed four runs, walking two and giving up a single to Anthony Bradley.
Down 11-4, New Albany batted through their lineup, scoring four runs off four hits with doubles from Wray and Tyler Beaty. Hall made it 11-7 with his triple and was interfered by the third baseman, allowing him to score and making it a three-point game. The Bulldogs were unable to cut anymore of the deficit, leaving two on base.
Hall led New Albany with three hits, followed by two from Wray and Alef. Max Wade, Dalton Todd and Bradley each had two hits for Lewisburg.
The two teams will square off again Monday night at Lewisburg. Game time is set for 4p.m., weather permitting.
Other Union County scores from Saturday, April 30.
Hamilton 16 East Union 2-Lions win series 2-0
West Union 11 Biggersville 10 (10 innings) Eagles win series 2-0
Ingomar 11 Pine Grove 4– Series tied 1-1. Game three will take place at 6 p.m. at Ingomar on Monday
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...