NA man dies in Highway 15 accident
A two-car collision that occurred on Highway 15 South Wednesday afternoon resulted in the death of a New Albany man.
Mississippi Highway Patrol Public Affairs Officer Ray Hall of Troop F in New Albany said that LeChristopher Gipson, 21, of New Albany was killed as a result of the accident, which happened at approximately 2:45 p.m., near Union County Road 94.
“Upon arriving, it appeared Gipson was traveling north in a 1990 Pontiac Bonneville,” Hall said. “His vehicle apparently crossed over into oncoming traffic and collided head on into a 2001 Buick Le Sabre, driven by Linda Grubbs, 61, of New Albany.”
Hall said Gipson, who was wearing a seat belt, received fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
He also said that Grubbs and her two-year-old passenger were both transported to Baptist Hospital in New Albany with non life threatening injuries.
“Grubbs was wearing a seat belt and the toddler was properly restrained in a child restraint,” Hall said.
Ingomar Fire Department was also called to the scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday