NA man dies in Highway 15 accident
A two-car collision that occurred on Highway 15 South Wednesday afternoon resulted in the death of a New Albany man.
Mississippi Highway Patrol Public Affairs Officer Ray Hall of Troop F in New Albany said that LeChristopher Gipson, 21, of New Albany was killed as a result of the accident, which happened at approximately 2:45 p.m., near Union County Road 94.
“Upon arriving, it appeared Gipson was traveling north in a 1990 Pontiac Bonneville,” Hall said. “His vehicle apparently crossed over into oncoming traffic and collided head on into a 2001 Buick Le Sabre, driven by Linda Grubbs, 61, of New Albany.”
Hall said Gipson, who was wearing a seat belt, received fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
He also said that Grubbs and her two-year-old passenger were both transported to Baptist Hospital in New Albany with non life threatening injuries.
“Grubbs was wearing a seat belt and the toddler was properly restrained in a child restraint,” Hall said.
Ingomar Fire Department was also called to the scene.
The accident remains under investigation.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...