NEMCC announces summer baseball camps
Northeast Mississippi Community College head baseball coach Kent Farris will host his annual Tiger baseball camp on May 25-27 at Harold T. White Field in Booneville.
Cost will be $65 for the entire three-day session and includes refreshments, camp T-shirt, and medical insurance.
Farris hopes that the camp will teach athletes fundamental skills to help players develop proper playing habits, while coordinating the hard work with a fun atmosphere.
Northeast staff along with several coaches and players from the local area will provide instruction for youth in attendance. The 2011 Northeast baseball camp will be under the direction of Farris and Northeast Mississippi Community College assistant baseball coach Clint McAuley.
Students who will be entering the first grade in the fall of 2011 through age 12 are eligible for the camp and applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Sessions begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at noon. A break is in the morning and campers will be supervised at all times.
Campers should report each day to the Harold T. White Field by 9 a.m. and will be dismissed at noon each day from the baseball field.
Campers need to bring their own glove. Bats will be provided and if a camper brings his own bat, it will need to be marked accordingly.
Instructors recommend campers wear uniform pants and not shorts if available.
For more information, contact Farris at 662-720-7309 or email email@example.com.
Information is also available at http://www2.nemcc.edu/Athletics/page_Baseball_HOME_update.html by clicking on camps.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...