Waffle House to locate store on Coulter Drive
One nationally-recognized restaurant chain whose name is the same as its primary product is planning to locate in New Albany.
According to New Albany Building Inspector and Zoning Administrator Mike Armstrong, Waffle House will be building its store at the intersection of Coulter Drive and Highway 30, across the highway from Walgreens.
“I have the plans for their store on my desk,” Armstrong said. “It’ll go in where the old Baskin Robbins was at.”
The first Waffle House restaurant was opened by Joe Rogers, Sr. and Tom Forkner in 1955 in Avondale, Ga. Soon, the company began to expand in Georgia and neighboring states and by the 1960’s, there were 48 restaurants across the Southeastern United States. By 2006, the number of stores had grown to 1,500.
While most famous for its waffles and other breakfast foods, Waffle House also serves other items, such as chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, pork chops and a variety of steaks.
Armstrong said he had not received word yet on when construction would begin on the restaurant.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...