Northeast football announces 2011 schedule
Northeast Mississippi Community College head football coach Ricky Smither has released the Tigers 2011 football schedule.
Northeast, coming off its fifth Mississippi Association of Community/Junior Colleges (MACJC) North Division runner-up finish in schoolhistory, will have five home games during the 2011 season and will face five games during the first month of the season.
Northeast, which posted a 5-4 mark overall and were 4-2 in the North Division but lost out on the playoff tiebreaker, opens the year with a pair of home games at Tiger Stadium as Northeast hosts East Central on Thursday, September 1 and Southwest on Thursday, September 8. Both kickoffs are set for 7 p.m.
Northeast’s first road game of the year will also open the North Division for the Tigers as Northeast makes the trek to Moorhead to take on Mississippi Delta on Thursday, September 15. Kickoff in Moorhead is set for 6:30 p.m.
After returning home to battle Holmes Community College on Thursday, September 22, Smither and company will travel to Northwest on Thursday, September 29 to wrap up the first month of the season. Kickoff against Holmes is set for 7 p.m. while the Tigers bout with the Rangers is set for a 6:30 p.m. kick.
Northeast gets a long break going into the 2011 Homecoming Weekend as the Tigers battle East Mississippi in Northeast’s only Saturday affair on the 2011 slate. Homecoming 2011 is slated for a 3 p.m. tilt on Saturday, October 8.
Northeast wraps up its North Division slate with contests against Coahoma on October 13 in Clarksdale at 6:30 p.m. and hosts Itawamba on Thursday, October 20 at 7 p.m. in Booneville.
Northeast caps its season with its longest road trip of the year when the Tigers make the trek to Wesson to take on the South defendingchampion and MACJC State Runner-up Copiah-Lincoln at 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 27.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...