Northeast football announces 2011 schedule
Northeast Mississippi Community College head football coach Ricky Smither has released the Tigers 2011 football schedule.
Northeast, coming off its fifth Mississippi Association of Community/Junior Colleges (MACJC) North Division runner-up finish in schoolhistory, will have five home games during the 2011 season and will face five games during the first month of the season.
Northeast, which posted a 5-4 mark overall and were 4-2 in the North Division but lost out on the playoff tiebreaker, opens the year with a pair of home games at Tiger Stadium as Northeast hosts East Central on Thursday, September 1 and Southwest on Thursday, September 8. Both kickoffs are set for 7 p.m.
Northeast’s first road game of the year will also open the North Division for the Tigers as Northeast makes the trek to Moorhead to take on Mississippi Delta on Thursday, September 15. Kickoff in Moorhead is set for 6:30 p.m.
After returning home to battle Holmes Community College on Thursday, September 22, Smither and company will travel to Northwest on Thursday, September 29 to wrap up the first month of the season. Kickoff against Holmes is set for 7 p.m. while the Tigers bout with the Rangers is set for a 6:30 p.m. kick.
Northeast gets a long break going into the 2011 Homecoming Weekend as the Tigers battle East Mississippi in Northeast’s only Saturday affair on the 2011 slate. Homecoming 2011 is slated for a 3 p.m. tilt on Saturday, October 8.
Northeast wraps up its North Division slate with contests against Coahoma on October 13 in Clarksdale at 6:30 p.m. and hosts Itawamba on Thursday, October 20 at 7 p.m. in Booneville.
Northeast caps its season with its longest road trip of the year when the Tigers make the trek to Wesson to take on the South defendingchampion and MACJC State Runner-up Copiah-Lincoln at 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 27.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert