Northeast football announces 2011 schedule
Northeast Mississippi Community College head football coach Ricky Smither has released the Tigers 2011 football schedule.
Northeast, coming off its fifth Mississippi Association of Community/Junior Colleges (MACJC) North Division runner-up finish in schoolhistory, will have five home games during the 2011 season and will face five games during the first month of the season.
Northeast, which posted a 5-4 mark overall and were 4-2 in the North Division but lost out on the playoff tiebreaker, opens the year with a pair of home games at Tiger Stadium as Northeast hosts East Central on Thursday, September 1 and Southwest on Thursday, September 8. Both kickoffs are set for 7 p.m.
Northeast’s first road game of the year will also open the North Division for the Tigers as Northeast makes the trek to Moorhead to take on Mississippi Delta on Thursday, September 15. Kickoff in Moorhead is set for 6:30 p.m.
After returning home to battle Holmes Community College on Thursday, September 22, Smither and company will travel to Northwest on Thursday, September 29 to wrap up the first month of the season. Kickoff against Holmes is set for 7 p.m. while the Tigers bout with the Rangers is set for a 6:30 p.m. kick.
Northeast gets a long break going into the 2011 Homecoming Weekend as the Tigers battle East Mississippi in Northeast’s only Saturday affair on the 2011 slate. Homecoming 2011 is slated for a 3 p.m. tilt on Saturday, October 8.
Northeast wraps up its North Division slate with contests against Coahoma on October 13 in Clarksdale at 6:30 p.m. and hosts Itawamba on Thursday, October 20 at 7 p.m. in Booneville.
Northeast caps its season with its longest road trip of the year when the Tigers make the trek to Wesson to take on the South defendingchampion and MACJC State Runner-up Copiah-Lincoln at 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 27.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...