Wray joins as latest NEMCC baseball signee
Northeast Mississippi Community College head baseball coach Kent Farris has signed Drew Wray of New Albany and Dillon Payne of Saltillo to his 2011-12 roster.
Wray, a stand-out for the Bulldogs, under the direction of head coach John Walker, was honored as a Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) All-Division 1-4A player as well as to the Super 15 and Division 1-4A Player of the Year.
Wray will play in the infield for Northeast and will look to continue his batting success for the Tigers next season. Wray’s batting average was .491 while he boasted a slugging percentage of .833, on base percentage of .528, and collected 42 runs along with 46 runs batted in.
Payne, a left handed hurler and outfielder, played for Saltillo High School in the 2009-10 season and was honored with a Second Team All-State Class 5-A selection and participated in the MHSAA’s All-Star game. Payne had an earn run average of 2.43 and helped Saltillo’s head coach Johnny Bolen’s squad to a 13-13 overall finish and went 5-4 in division play.
“Both of these kids are going to help our program,” said Farris. “I look forward to them being on campus and getting them out on the diamond.”
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...