Wray joins as latest NEMCC baseball signee
Northeast Mississippi Community College head baseball coach Kent Farris has signed Drew Wray of New Albany and Dillon Payne of Saltillo to his 2011-12 roster.
Wray, a stand-out for the Bulldogs, under the direction of head coach John Walker, was honored as a Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) All-Division 1-4A player as well as to the Super 15 and Division 1-4A Player of the Year.
Wray will play in the infield for Northeast and will look to continue his batting success for the Tigers next season. Wray’s batting average was .491 while he boasted a slugging percentage of .833, on base percentage of .528, and collected 42 runs along with 46 runs batted in.
Payne, a left handed hurler and outfielder, played for Saltillo High School in the 2009-10 season and was honored with a Second Team All-State Class 5-A selection and participated in the MHSAA’s All-Star game. Payne had an earn run average of 2.43 and helped Saltillo’s head coach Johnny Bolen’s squad to a 13-13 overall finish and went 5-4 in division play.
“Both of these kids are going to help our program,” said Farris. “I look forward to them being on campus and getting them out on the diamond.”
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...