Alexander extends invite to 2011 summer camps
Northeast Mississippi Community College head women’s basketball coach Brian Alexander has scheduled a pair of camps for the 2011 summer.
Camps will start with a junior high girls camp on June 6-8 and following that three-day camp will be another three-day event on July 5-7 for senior high girls.
“I want to extend an invitation to all the area girls basketball players to attend our Lady Tigers summer camps at Northeast,” said Coach Alexander. I am excited about this camp and this being my first summer at Northeast, I would like for folks to come out and join us for a fun filled time on the hardwood.”
Northeast’s junior high camp is open to grades 6-8 while the senior high individual and team camps are open to grades 9-12.
The purpose of the camps is to teach skills in fundamentally sound basketball and to improve the abilities in the finer points of the game.
During the camp, athletes will be striving to not only improve their game but also develop character that will help them later in life in such areas as leadership, sportsmanship and citizenship.
Campers need to bring basketball shoes, athletic socks, T-shirts and shorts for camp as well as swim wear for free time at the college’s Gaye Roden Carr Aquatic Center.
If a camper is staying overnight at the camp, campers also need to bring one set of single sheets, a pillow and case, laundry bag, towels and toiletries.
For day campers, each athlete should arrive by 8:30 a.m. and campers will be dismissed following the awards ceremony at 7 p.m. on the final day of camp.
The cost of the basketball camp is $130 for overnight campers and $110 for day campers. Included in the overnight fee are meals, room and board, camp instruction, medical insurance, awards and a camp T-shirt.
For day camper rates, noon and evening meals are included as well as camp instruction, medical insurance, awards and a camp T-shirt. A $30 deposit is required to hold a registration spot with the rest of the entry fee due on check-in for the camp.
For more information about the Lady Tiger basketball camps, contact Northeast head coach Alexander or by email by phone at 662-720-7887 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by logging onto the Northeast athletic website at http://www2.nemcc.edu/Athletics/page_WomensBasketball_update.html to view a camp brochure.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Ollie Otter teaches kids to buckle up September 27, 2016
- Supervisors try again on bridge contract September 27, 2016
- Main Street drainage work delayed September 27, 2016
- NAES students study Constitution September 27, 2016
- Tell us what you want the news to be September 27, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...