Support flag project
Perhaps you noticed the American flags on display last Saturday at a number of businesses in New Albany in honor of Armed Forces Day. If not, you’ll have another opportunity as we observe Memorial Day next Monday.
Why are we calling attention to the flags? Because it’s a project of the Kiwanis Club of New Albany and it’s one of the largest sources of income for the club.
“It enables us to support various projects, many of which involve the youth of New Albany and Union County,” said Greg Lawrence, flag committee chair of the club.
Each year the club offers businesses a chance to have the club install and maintain a flag bracket at the business and display a flag in the bracket on special dates during the year.
In addition to the two dates mentioned above, the club puts out the flags on Flag Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Patriot Day and Veterans Day.
The cost to each business is only $30, and is tax deductible.
By participating, businesses not only contribute to community service projects, but also display a spirit of patriotism.
We would like to see more businesses participating. To join the effort, just call Lawrence at 662-534-7661 for information.
We urge all of our local businesses to join the Gazette in support of this community service activity.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series