Beaty, Wray named All-State
Several New Albany standouts have received postseason honors after the team’s run to the third round of the 4A State playoffs.
Seniors Tyler Beaty and Drew Wray were recently named first team All-State selections, selected by the Mississippi Association of Coaches.
Beaty, also named the Division 1-4A Pitcher of the Year, posted a 2.02 ERA, allowing 27 runs (24 earned) with 145 strikeouts in 83 innings pitched. At the plate, the Northeast signee batted .324 with three homreuns.
Wray, also a Northeast signee, posted a .943 fielding percentage at second base and batted .466 with a team-high seven homeruns.
Wray was also honored as a part of the All-Division team, along with senior pitcher Tyler Basil and junior catcher Riley Alef. Alef, who had a .986 fielding percentage, was named the Division Defensive Player of the Year.
Wray, Beaty and Basil will join teammates Joshua Googe and Taylor Goode this weekend in Corinth for the 21st annual Northeast Mississippi Coaches Assocation for Better Baseball All-Star game. The five were seleted to the 3A-6A West team, and are among 14 selected from Union County.
In the 1A-2A game, nine athletes from Union County were named to the West team, with three coming from Ingomar. Selected to participate in the All-Star game are: Chandler Coleman and Kirk Fryan (East Union), Tanner McCollum, Austin Gregory and Wesley Jumper (Ingomar), Russ Yates and Adam Baker (Myrtle) and Hunter McQuary and Will Basil (West Union).
The NEMCABB All-Star games will take place at the Corinth City Park tomorrow, May 28, starting at 2 p.m.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...