BNA Bank Cotton States League set for third season
The BNA Bank Cotton States Baseball League is scheduled to start their 3rd season Saturday June 3 with a triple-header beginning at 1:00 p.m. Several changes are in store for the collegiate wood bat league which plays its games at Legion Field at the New Albany Sportsplex.
One of the first changes that their fans and families will notice is the new coaching staffs on two of their teams. Chip Wade, an assistant scout in the New York Mets organization, will take over as the head coach of the Tippah Tribe. Stacy Hester, a five time state champion high school coach, will assume the head coaching duties for the Golden Triangle Jets. Additionally, John Walker, the head baseball coach at New Albany, will be promoted from the assistant to the head coach for the North Delta Dealers.
Of the approximately 80 players on the five teams’ rosters, 30 are returning to the league to join the 50 new players, including individuals from seven different states and over 30 different universities, colleges, and junior colleges. All games are scheduled for 7 innings. The 4:00 Sunday afternoon games will be broadcast on Sunny 93 featuring former Ole Miss baseball announcer Gary Darby.
Four athletes from Union County will play in the CSBL this season; Jimel Judon (Tippah Tribe, Ole Miss), Beau Cummings (Tallahatchie Rascals, Northeast), Sawyer Wheatley (Tupelo Thunder, Northeast) and Tyler Basil (North Delta Dealers, Northeast).
Union County will also be represented as New Albany High School head coach John Walker is now the head coach of the Dealers and former East Union standout Drew Dillard will serve as an assistant with the Tribe.
For more information about the league or for ticket information, visit their web site at www.cottonstatesleague.com.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series