West Union’s Bynum signs with BMC golf
Austin Bynum of West Union High School, one of Mississippi’s top high school and junior golfers, on Wednesday signed a scholarship with Blue Mountain College.
“This is a big day for the BMC golf program,” said coach Danny McKenzie. “Austin is both well-known and well-respected around the state. He’ll make our program stronger right away.”
Bynum won the Mississippi Class 1A championship as a junior and finished fourth in this year’s state tournament, both at Beau Pre Golf Club in Natchez. He won the District 2 1A championship four times while at West Union. In addition to several scholastic seasonal tournaments, Bynum also won the Coca-Cola Junior Championship in 2010 and finished in the top 10 at the 2010 Pros of Tomorrow Championship at Tupelo Country Club.
“Austin is talented in all aspects of the game and is an extremely hard-worker,” McKenzie said. “As he continues to improve so will the BMC golf program.”
BMC recently completed its first year of intercollegiate golf, finishing fourth in the NAIA TranSouth Athletic Conference.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...