County to hire engineer to inspect damaged bridges
Union County will soon be hiring a structural engineer to inspect nine of the county’s 140 bridges that are in need of serious repair.
Union County Engineer Hubert Foley told the Union County Board of Supervisors Monday that these nine bridges are considered fractured or in critical condition. He did not, however, have a complete list of the bridges in question immediately available.
“The Office of State Aid Road Construction recommends that these bridges be inspected by a state aid employee,” Foley told the board.
This office administers Mississippi’s State Aid Road Program and assists the 82 counties in the state, including Union County.
Union County is one of many counties around the state who will be hiring an engineer to inspect fractured bridges. The engineer will determine what needs to be fixed and the estimated cost of repair, Foley said.
The funds for this project will come from the Federal Highway Administration, board members said. A timeline for hiring an engineer has not yet been set.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...