Quarterback battle is on for Bulldogs
Two quarterbacks continue to stand out and remain the focus for New Albany this offseason, as the Bulldogs are in the middle of their June 7-on-7 workouts in Oxford.
Spencer Day and Lawrence Zinn rotated possessions in scrimmages against Oxford and Tunica Academy on Tuesday, and at this point, there is no clear starter, although Head Coach Ron Price admitted both will see playing time at the position in the fall.
“Both are competing in the weight room and on the field, and like tonight, they’re both out there competing to be the guy in the huddle every series, and I like that,” he said. “Hopefully each will continue to get better, and at some point during the season, both are going to play quarterback.”
“We just want both to be ready and right now we just want the team to be confident in both and know that either can lead us to victory on Friday night.”
Overall, Price is pleased with the turnout for summer workouts, averaging 63 to 68 each day, and the team travels to Oxford High each Monday, facing different opponents.
“We’ve got to continue to mature as a football team and continue to push them mentally and physically in the weight room so that they’ll know how to overcome obstacles in the fall,” Price said. “7-on-7 has been good for us; we’ve done some good things and some bad things. It’s good that they’re able to go out against other teams and see how they measure up throwing and catching the football. We’re taking advantage of every day this summer and trying to get better before August.”
New Albany will continue to compete weekly in Oxford for the remainder of the month and will travel to Vardaman this weekend for an eight team, double elimination tournament. The Bulldogs will wrap-up 7-on-7 workouts, participating in the Under Armour Tournament in Oxford July 8-9.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert