Sanders honored by American Legion
Hal Sanders has been named Adjutant Emeritus for American Legion Henry-Potter-Lowrey Post 72. The honor was bestowed at the regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, June 14. Sanders was presented a plaque honoring his longtime and devoted service to the post as the adjutant. His service was cut short due to health issues, but his accomplishments and sacrifice are remembered by all New Albany American Legion members.
He also served Union County veterans as the Veterans Services Officer. In this capacity, Sanders met varied needs of veterans who served in the Armed Services from World War II to the present.
His expertise in this area proved invaluable to those who were seeking the benefits they so richly earned as a result of their service to our great nation.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...