Governor announces Amateur Radio Week
Governor Haley Barbour has proclaimed June 20-26 as Amateur Radio Week in Mississippi.
Beginning at 7:30 a.m. and closing around dusk on Saturday, June 25, 2011, The “Northeast Mississippi Amateur Radio Club (NEMARC)” in Union County will be holding the Amateur Radio Relay League Field Day, which will take place at the Union County Fairgrounds pavilion.
The public and those interested in becoming licensed amateur radio operators are invited to observe these operations.
The public may even assist as certain contacts are made. There are 17 members in the club that comprise of residents from Union, Tippah, and Pontotoc Counties.
There are more than 4,000 licensed amateur radio operators in the state of Mississippi who provide emergency radio communications.
These operators donate their services free of charge to their communities – they are alert and prepared for any emergency, local or worldwide.
The club call sign is NA5MS.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...