Governor announces Amateur Radio Week
Governor Haley Barbour has proclaimed June 20-26 as Amateur Radio Week in Mississippi.
Beginning at 7:30 a.m. and closing around dusk on Saturday, June 25, 2011, The “Northeast Mississippi Amateur Radio Club (NEMARC)” in Union County will be holding the Amateur Radio Relay League Field Day, which will take place at the Union County Fairgrounds pavilion.
The public and those interested in becoming licensed amateur radio operators are invited to observe these operations.
The public may even assist as certain contacts are made. There are 17 members in the club that comprise of residents from Union, Tippah, and Pontotoc Counties.
There are more than 4,000 licensed amateur radio operators in the state of Mississippi who provide emergency radio communications.
These operators donate their services free of charge to their communities – they are alert and prepared for any emergency, local or worldwide.
The club call sign is NA5MS.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...