Governor announces Amateur Radio Week
Governor Haley Barbour has proclaimed June 20-26 as Amateur Radio Week in Mississippi.
Beginning at 7:30 a.m. and closing around dusk on Saturday, June 25, 2011, The “Northeast Mississippi Amateur Radio Club (NEMARC)” in Union County will be holding the Amateur Radio Relay League Field Day, which will take place at the Union County Fairgrounds pavilion.
The public and those interested in becoming licensed amateur radio operators are invited to observe these operations.
The public may even assist as certain contacts are made. There are 17 members in the club that comprise of residents from Union, Tippah, and Pontotoc Counties.
There are more than 4,000 licensed amateur radio operators in the state of Mississippi who provide emergency radio communications.
These operators donate their services free of charge to their communities – they are alert and prepared for any emergency, local or worldwide.
The club call sign is NA5MS.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...