Authorities find body of missing local man
Search and rescue authorities have located the body of a New Albany insurance agent who was missing since Monday afternoon.
Authorities say that divers found the body of Robert E. (Robby) Hale, 46, an agent with Farm Bureau Insurance, at approximately midnight Tuesday night. The search was centered in Tishomingo County between Eastport and J. P. Coleman State Park.
According to Hilton M. Richey, Farm Bureau agency manager, Hale, his wife Lisa, and son Matt were in a boat trying to return to the dock during strong winds and a thunderstorm.
Richey said they encountered a person struggling in the water and Hale went into the water to help. Hale gave the person his life jacket, and that person was able to reach a boat, Richey said.
Strong winds pushed the boat away from Hale and he disappeared in the extremely rough water of the lake, Richey said.
Richey said Hale, who had worked for Farm Bureau since Dec. 1, 1991, was a stellar agent, “one of the most conscientious I ever known.”
“He was always concerned about his customers,” he said.
“He was dedicated to his family, his church and his work,” Richey added.
Hale was a member of Ingomar Baptist Church.
An official with the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks told television station WTVA that the winds were among the worst he had ever encountered and were responsible for capsizing one boat near the Yellow Creek waterfall, and two more boats on the Alabama portion of Pickwick Lake.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series